Over the years I’ve been seeing much fewer movies in theaters. I’m tired of the movie start time being advertised as 7:00PM and then setting through 20+ minutes of ads and previews. Sorry, I don’t have to put up with that at home for far less the cost.
So, when a VIP cinema opened up close to home I was intrigued enough to give it a try. Ultimately it will get me back into theaters, at least tiny bit more often.
What all do you get for the $20 admission price?
- Reserved seating.
- Food service directly to your table.
- Reclining seats (you can even adjust the headrest)
- 19+ only admission (a serious perk)
- Access to the VIP bar and lounge
- No commercials (I not 100% if this is really a thing or the fact of a new theater or an early showing)
The food is, to the most part, what you get outside but brought to your table with a nicer presentation. Currently, they do not have a license to allow you to bring your alcohol into the theater.
Everyone was very friendly and it does do (mostly) what theaters should do to survive long term. When you’re competing against films coming to video months after release and people with OLED 4K TV’s, they’re going to have to step up their game even more.
I recommend VIP for big event movies and if I were not forever single, date movies.